- The lakeshore frontage is owned by the City of Gladewater per owner and owner pays a $50 annual fee to lease the lakeshore frontage for direct lake access
- Rolling terrain provides great views from the house and on the drivable trails in the woods.
- Woods have medium to large/specimen mix of native oaks, hickory, holly, dogwood, Pine and more. Very scenic.
- A gas pipeline crosses a portion of the east edge; does not interfere with use of the land.
- FEMA Flood Zone A at very back of property on lake access and a small part of creek.
- Property is under no surface leases at this time.
- Owner indicates there are no land use restrictions affecting this property.
- The tract is not being subdivided and must sell in one piece.
[Square footage and age of home figures come from county Appraisal District information; buyer is encouraged to confirm square footage for themselves].
- Brick 3030 sf house on concrete slab; 2-story; 4 bedroom; 3.5 baths; 3-car garage; built in 2005.
- Beautiful and uniquely-designed custom, stained cabinets, drawers and shelving throughout whole house (even in the garage!).
- 9-foot ceilings (and some taller) downstairs.
- Glazed skip-drag wall texture in entry, dining, den and kitchen.
- Den has full-wall glass for open view of back porch, native woods, deer and other wildlife.
- In den, rock-face wood-burning fireplace helps provide heat for downstairs.
- Wet bar off den with sink, mini-fridge, cabinets and sound system controls (for audio throughout the house and back covered porch.
- Roomy kitchen has high bar for seating and food prep; lots of granite countertops, tile backsplash, 2 copper sinks, glass-front upper cabinets; Lazy Susan lower corner cabinets, wood-block chopping table, custom wooden wine rack, 4-burner stove with center grill, 2 garbage disposals, floor inlet for central vacuum.
- Tile in kitchen, bathrooms and utility room; wood in entry and den; carpet in bedrooms.
- Beautiful plantation shutters and crown molding throughout.
- Spacious master bedroom has lots of natural light and exterior door onto back covered patio.
- Master bath has double sinks, custom cabinets, toilet room, large soaker tub, huge walk-in tile shower with plethora of shower head choices.
- Master closet is very large walk-in with lots of clothes rods, some rods behind cabinet doors, custom cabinets and drawers (unique designs for jewelry and other items), marble-top island.
- Utility room with marble counters, wood cabinet, oversize sink, room for extra appliances.
- Upstairs is an office (could be used as a bedroom), mini-kitchen, bedroom, full bath, and large media/bonus room.
- Media room has all wiring for extensive, modern audio and video. Also makes a great game room or exercise room.
- Floored attic accessible by full-size door out of mini-kitchen has central vacuum and central air/heat units, easy to get to for needed servicing.
- Wrought iron fencing and decorative remote-control gate on front of property gives great security and privacy. Keypad code entry, intercom to the house, handheld remote openers.
- 10 ft wide concrete driveway from the entry gate 250 feet to the house, plus additional 125 feet of driveway to 3-car garage and parking pad.
- Fully-landscaped beds all around the house; drip irrigation with programmable controllers; gravel mulch; some raised rock beds; catch basins and underground piping removes rainwater from ground runoff and roof gutters.
- At rear of house, rock outdoor fireplace with metal-roofed gathering are, concrete patio, rough cedar posts.
- Shop: 56 x 34 under roof, 1632 sf enclosed; concrete floor; wood siding, metal roof; covered porch; 120 and 220 electric; wood stove; window AC; office area; toilet and sink and plumbed for shower; interior walls are wood milled from this property; wall exhaust fan; upstairs storage; covered outside storage.
- Pole sheds: 24 x 36; 28 x 26; 21 x 23. Dirt floor, metal roof, open sides.
- Wide, drivable trails in the woods traverse the length and width of the property.
- Energy-efficient home has foam insulation, high-quality ceiling fans, double-insulated vinyl-clad windows, recessed lighting.
- Two central electric AC units (5 years and 2 years old): 5-ton for downstairs and 3-ton for upstairs. Has system of wall-switch-controlled motorized dampers to re-direct air and heat, depending on which rooms are occupied.
- Two electric water heaters; can switch off one heater to economize.
- Central vacuum system makes sweeping easier.
- 3-car garage with remote-open doors, additional workspace with cabinet storage.
- 544 sf of covered back porches with ceiling fans, audio speakers, recessed lighting, vinyl ceiling and soffit (no painting needed).
Per Upshur County Appraisal District website, the 2018 real estate taxes were approximately $3908 based on Homestead and Timber exemptions. Taxing entities are: Upshur County, Gilmer ISD, Emergency Services District No.1.
Utilities & Services:
While we do our best to provide accurate information about availability of services, sometimes things change as demands are made on providers. By providing the helpful information below, we make no representation as to the accuracy of the information. We strongly suggest that you verify the services you require are in fact available to the property you are considering. The following service providers may be contacted about the availability and/or cost of connecting to utilities:
Water: Pritchett Water Supply (903-434-5438)
Electric: Upshur Rural Electric Co-op (903-843-2536); underground electric service.
Sewer: conventional septic installed
Gas: none known
Telephone: Frontier landline (1-800-921-8101)
TV: currently Dish satellite (1-800-333-3474), or antenna
Internet: currently Sky-Net (903-844-4638). Has outdoor wi-fi antenna to boost signal.
Waste Disposal: currently Ameri-Tex Services (903-839-1800)
Post Office: Gladewater
Fire Dept: volunteer
Law Enforcement: Upshur County Sheriff
Approximately 473 feet on FM 2685 (on the west); approximately 75 feet on Lake Gladewater Dr. (on the south), and approximately 400 feet on S. Lake Dr. (on the east).
No oil or gas minerals to be conveyed. Owner will convey his surface minerals.
From intersection of Hwy 80 and hwy 271 in Gladewater (10 miles west of Longview), go west 2 miles, turn Right (north) on FM 2685, go 2.5 miles to property on Right. No signs posted. Look for address 10011 on mailbox and electric gate. Shown by appointment only.
GPS Latitude and Longitude (can copy and paste into Google maps)
NoticeThe broker has assembled this information from materials furnished by the owner and from other sources considered reliable. Any sketches and maps have been prepared for viewing convenience only. Distances and characteristics are approximate and may not have been verified. Additionally, the sketch or map may not show all of the characteristics that affect the property, such as easements, fence lines, roads, etc. Interested parties are advised to investigate to their satisfaction whether the property is suitable for their intended use. We cannot be responsible for errors, omissions, prior sale, withdrawal or change in price.