- The main tract of 154.97 acres is a pleasing mix of native woods and cleared pastures of improved grass (with scattered large shade trees) for grazing and hay production.
- Should be lots of wildlife around with the woods, grass, creeks and ponds.
- Small creeks feed the south and north ponds.
- The terrain is rolling but not steep, allowing great long-distance scenic views and hikes in the woods.
- Cleared trails around the perimeter and through the woods allow for driving and walking access to all parts of the property.
- There is public road access to the main tract from two county roads, allowing for a possible subdividing of the tract.
- The 15.81 acre tract with 4 guest or rental cabins has frontage on a FM road and a county road.
- If subdivided, fifty acres of the northwest section could serve as a great site for a new home and country estate.
- The tract may be subdivided to a degree; call listing agent to inquire.
- Property is under no surface leases at this time.
- Owner indicates there are no land use restrictions affecting this property.
- Besides the ponds, a small strip of lowland is in FEMA Flood Zone A (see site sketch), defined by FEMA as: "Areas subject to inundation by the 1-percent-annual-chance flood event generally determined using approximate methodologies."
[Square footage and age of home figures come from county Appraisal District information; buyer is encouraged to confirm square footage for themselves].
- Approximately 4546 sf, brick veneer, 3 bedroom, 2 bath, on slab, metal roof, built in 1965.
- The house has been gutted for remodeling and only partially restored; it needs a lot of work to finish it. The good news is that a buyer can finish the build-out to his/her own taste.
- The floor plan is very open, with spacious common rooms; brick fireplace; lots of glass (especially looking to the west, to the pool, ponds and hills).
- Includes a 24 x 24 sunroom/enclosed sleeping porch with surround glass views, pine walls and ceiling, mini-split AC unit.
- Master bedroom suite is 28 x 28 main room with additional kitchenette, master bath and closets. Master shares 2-sided wood-burning fireplace with the den.
- The 956 sf covered wooden deck has recessed lighting and ceiling fan connections, looking onto the backyard pool and ponds. In-ground pool is surrounded by patio of exposed aggregate. Lots of room for entertaining!
- 832 sf, wood siding, metal roof; 1 bath, 2 bedroom (no closet in master bedroom)
- 496 sf covered front porch and 480 sf covered back porch/parking area.
- Kitchen has electric oven/stove and fridge, but no dishwasher.
- Wood-burning stove helps provide heat for cold winter days.
- 725 sf, brick veneer, metal roof, 1 bedroom, 1 bath.
Cabin by Pond:
- Very private, located on south shore of south pond.
- 1-bedroom, AC unit, 2-car carport, covered front porch.
Reserved Items: none known
- On the 155-ac tract:
- The full perimeter is fenced, along with some cross-fencing. Cattle have been grazed and hay cut from the property on the clean, improved pastures.
- A driveable road has been cleared inside the perimeter fence, with other trails crossing through the wooded areas.
- There are cleared deer feeding plots scattered in the woods.
- A 12-acre pasture has bee hive boxes. Might also be a good site for a vineyard or to farm watermelon, field peas or other crops.
- There are three connected ponds, great for fishing, small boating and scenic views from the high hills, houses and events center.
- Metal structure, sides and roof.
- Houses a 6-stall stables and tack room; Dutch doors to the exterior; fenced paddocks.
- For cattle, there are working chutes and pens, large area for hay storage.
- Also houses a fully-developed Events Center (www.savannahsevents.com) with catering kitchen; roomy covered wooden deck (with string lights and ceiling fans); large covered concrete slab has space for up to 300 people (table and chairs included); full set of sound equipment for bands and other entertainment; programmable colored lighting.
- Outdoor rock fire pit with overhead deco lighting.
- A beautifully-appointed Bride's Room for prep and dressing of bride and attendants. Enjoy the marble counters, vanities, lots of electric outlets and mirrors, changing room, half-bath, and chandeliers.
- "Barn Loft" room is for overnight housing (can be honeymoon suite or other uses).
- 60 x 76 , full metal structure, concrete floor, large sliding doors, electricity.
- Has 16 x 20 shop with electric, pegboard, shelving, workbenches.
- Three stand-mount metal fuel tanks and one grain silo behind the white barn.
- 10 x 10 metal storage building.
- 12 x 16 wood frame, metal covered shed.
- Approximately 100 ft diameter metal-pipe movable-panel round livestock pen.
- A greenhouse (12 x 16) and garden shed (234 sf) are located at the fenced garden and orchard area, with 15-20 fruit and nut trees.
- Fenced chicken yard with 6 x 10 metal roosting coop.
- 24 x 24 brick garage with 16 ft wide metal door; metal roof; window AC unit; attic fan; washer and dryer.
- White 3-rail board fence along lane from gated entrance to the houses, and around 3 sides of the main house front yard. Very large pecan and oak trees around the main house.
- Electric gated entry with decor metal gate; keypad and remote control access.
- Per owner: Water well drilled 800-1200 feet deep into Wilcox aquifer; wellhouse by barn; well water line runs into some pastures.
On the 16-acre tract:
- 2-plank board fence along much of the CR 319 frontage; limited wire fence on other boundaries.
- Small pond with recirculating pump and waterfall.
- Some trails through the woods, wide enough for ATVs. Other walking trails.
- Several challenge course stations are installed along the trails, great for corporate, group, school, club team-building fun.
- 22.x 30 Open-sided pavilion on slab as gathering place for outdoor functions.
- 370 sf building houses full kitchen, laundry facilities and tool/storage room.
- 250-gallon propane gas tank; underground electric service.
- Plenty of room for more cabins or RV spaces.
- There are 4 cabins (www.savannahsevents.com/Accommodations/) tucked into nicely-thinned woods.
- Each cabin is unique in design, construction and decor; rustic look with modern conveniences. Highlights include one-story and two-story, kitchenettes, large beds (some pedestal, some canopy), air conditioning and heat, screened-in sitting areas, pine floors and walls, tin ceilings, woodstoves, wi-fi, satellite TV, great views, hand-picked furniture and accessories, outdoor fire pits and grills, quiet setting in Nature's back yard.
- Reserved Items: Bed in cabin #3 and some other decor/personal items.
Per Smith County Appraisal District website, the 2018 real estate taxes were approximately $8,210 based on Homestead and Ag exemptions. Taxing entities are: Smith County, Winona ISD, Tyler Jr. College, Emergency Services District #2.
Utilities and Services:
While we do our best to provide accurate information about availability of services, sometimes things change as demands are made on providers. By providing the helpful information below, we make no representation as to the accuracy of the information. We strongly suggest that you verify the services you require are in fact available to the property you are considering. The following service providers may be contacted about the availability and/or cost of connecting to utilities:
Water: Sand Flat Community Water to all the houses and cabins
Electric: Wood County Electric
Sewer: individual septic installed
Gas: propane tanks at the main house and at the cabins
TV: satellite or antenna
Internet: satellite or mobile phone hotspot
Waste Disposal: private provider
Post Office: Tyler
Fire Dept: volunteer
Law Enforcement: Smith County Sheriff
- On 155-acre tract: 40 feet on CR 319W and 40 feet on CR 3138
- On 16-acre tract: 1194 feet on CR 319W and 426 feet on FM 14
No oil or gas minerals to be conveyed. Owner will convey his surface minerals.
From Longview at Estes Pkwy and I-20, go West on 1-20 for 33 miles; turn Right (north) on FM 14 (State Park Rd), go 4.3 miles; turn Left (west) on CR 319W (the 16 acres and cabins on left side corner); go additional 0.4 mile to 155 acres and houses at end of road. No signs posted, shown by appointment.
From Tyler at Loop 323 and FM 14, go North on FM 14 for 4.5 miles to I-20; continue North on FM 14 another 4.3 miles; turn Left (west) on CR 319W (the 16 acres and cabins on left side corner); go additional 0.4 mile to 155 acres and houses at end of road. No signs posted, shown by appointment.
GPS Latitude and Longitude (can copy and paste into Google maps)
32.512249N 95.273684W for 16-acre tract driveway
32.512321N 95.276875W for 150- acre driveway
NoticeThe broker has assembled this information from materials furnished by the owner and from other sources considered reliable. Any sketches and maps have been prepared for viewing convenience only. Distances and characteristics are approximate and may not have been verified. Additionally, the sketch or map may not show all of the characteristics that affect the property, such as easements, fence lines, roads, etc. Interested parties are advised to investigate to their satisfaction whether the property is suitable for their intended use. We cannot be responsible for errors, omissions, prior sale, withdrawal or change in price.