- Large tract has both high and low land.
- Most of the land is wooded. The northern part in native woods and the southern part mostly in planted Pine.
- There is a flowing creek near the west boundary and a 2.5 ac lake near the house.
- Property is under no surface leases at this time.
- Owner indicates there are no land use restrictions affecting this property.
- There is an oil & gas pad site in the far southwest corner of the tract. Access to the site is from an adjoining tract to the south, so effect on this seller tract is minimal.
- Some areas along the creeks are subject to temporary flooding during heavy rain events. Not a threat to any structures.
[Square footage and age of home figures come from county Appraisal District information; buyer is encouraged to confirm square footage for themselves].
- 3 bedroom, 2 full bath, 2-car garage and 2-car carport; 1860 sf, log home built in 2015.
- Beautiful wood plank flooring throughout the house.
- Contiguous den, dining, and open kitchen create a spacious "great room" for sharing family times.
- High, vaulted, dark-stained exposed beams and light Pine ceilings fit perfectly in the country.
- Den is bathed in natural light from lots of glass.
- Wood-burning fireplace (with gas starter) with 2-story stone hearth.
- Fully-equipped kitchen has 6-person breakfast bar, granite countertops, wood-stain and glass-front cabinets, 4-burner with grill gas stove, disposal, dishwasher, deep copper sink, lots of light.
- Master bathroom has large walk-in tile shower, clawfoot tub, separate sinks, marble counters.
- Utility-pantry room with sliding barn door houses washer, dryer, plenty of pantry shelves, upright freezer, deep utility sink, cabinets, central vacuum controls.
- There is a sleeping loft (approx 10x12) accessible by ladder, great fun place for the kiddos.
- Two 6-ft sliding wooden patio doors give easy access onto the large covered patio (approx. 638 sf), with an expansive view of the hillside and the lake. Patio has concrete floor, wood balusters and railings, recessed lighting, outdoor ceiling fans, TV mount.
- Adjacent uncovered rock patio and fire pit round out the outdoor entertaining.
- House is protected by security lighting and alarm system.
- Tankless gas water heater, two AC units with programmable controls, insulated windows, ceiling fans and other energy-saving devices.
- Roof is long-lasting prefinished metal.
- Reserved Items: miscellaneous light fixtures and some furniture, plus handles on cabinets (will be replaced).
- Entrance on Almond Rd has a metal gate with "The Sanctuary" (which describes this tract well) in metal letters above the entrance. Gate has keypad and remote control entry.
- Well-maintained half-mile long limestone driveway from Almond Rd to the house.
- Barbwire fences on most of the perimeter and some cross-fencing.
- 2.5-acre lake is located near the house, with a great lake view.
- Water well (438 ft deep, per owner) provides water for irrigation.
- Wide, grassy easement for overhead electric lines runs about 3000 ft through the property; provides driveable access to parts of the property and good grass for grazing.
- There are several driveable trails (some by truck, some by 4-wheeler) throughout the property.
- 70+/- acres (on south part of tract) planted to Pine trees in 1999. Harvestable timber.
- 12x20 fenced raised-bed garden with irrigation water nearby.
- 18x25 metal carport storage on limestone base to park equipment.
- Besides the gated road frontage on Almond Rd on the north, there are also two ingress/egress easements connecting the property to White Oak Rd on the south.
- 30x40 enclosed area; wall divides interior into two halves; pre-finished metal on concrete slab; insulated walls and roof; electricity and water; two 10-ft wide overhead doors; heavy-duty metal shelving, 12x30 attached covered concrete porch with lights and ceiling fans.
- Combination log carport and garage beside the house; concrete slab; open carport is 24x24 and enclosed garage with 16-feet wide auto overhead door is 24x24.
- Nice extras such as copper rain gutters on house and garage; gutters go into underground drain lines; pretty landscaping with auto sprinkler system for shrubs and lawn; wire-fenced area behind the house for outdoor pet space; fishing dock in the lake; underground 150 gallon propane tank for practicality, safety and aesthetics; much more.
Upshur County Appraisal District reported the real estate taxes were approximately $6,158 based on Non-Homestead and Ag/Timber exemptions. Taxing entities are: Upshur County, Big Sandy ISD, Emergency Services District No. 1.
Utilities and Services:
While we do our best to provide accurate information about availability of services, sometimes things change as demands are made on providers. We strongly suggest that you verify the services you require are in fact available to the property you are considering. The following service providers may be contacted about the availability and/or cost of connecting to utilities:
Water: Pritchett Water Supply Co. 903-734-5438. Pritchett Water to the house; well water for irrigation.
Electric: Upshur Rural Electric 903-843-2536
Sewer: aerobic septic installed
Gas: underground propane tank
TV: ETEX cable is installed (could also use satellite or antenna)
Internet: ETEX is installed (could also use satellite or mobile phone hot-spot)-Current owner uses Hughes Net
Waste Disposal: private provider
Post Office: Big Sandy
Fire Dept: VFD
Law Enforcement: Upshur County Sheriff
Approximately 300 ft on Almond Road and two ingress-egress easements from White Oak Road.
No oil or gas minerals to be conveyed. Owner will convey his surface minerals.
From Longview, west on Hwy 80 through Gladewater, go approximately 5 miles (4 miles east of Big Sandy), turn North on Almond Road, go 1.8 miles to property on Right. Signs posted near gate entry. Shown by appointment.
GPS Location: 32.587339 -95.030678
NoticeThe broker has assembled this information from materials furnished by the owner and from other sources considered reliable. Any sketches and maps have been prepared for viewing convenience only. Distances and characteristics are approximate and may not have been verified. Additionally, the sketch or map may not show all of the characteristics that affect the property, such as easements, fence lines, roads, etc. Interested parties are advised to investigate to their satisfaction whether the property is suitable for their intended use. We cannot be responsible for errors, omissions, prior sale, withdrawal or change in price.