Watch virtual video tour: https://www.seetheproperty.com/u/371914
- Terrain is rolling from high scenic sites to level creek bottomland.
- Glade Creek and streams flow through the property. House is located on high-bank of the creek for great natural views.
- Approximately 50/50 split between woods and open pasture. Beautiful native trees and improved pastures.
- No current oil or gas activity visible on the property. There is an old pumpjack near the back/north of the property. Appears to have been inactive for a long time.
- Lots of road frontage on north side of Gay Avenue and on both sides of East Lake Drive.
- Property is under no surface leases at this time.
- The owner would consider subdividing the tract to provide smaller homesites of 6 to 10 acres along E. Lake Dr.
- A new survey may be required, and the survey may document more or less acreage than what is represented in this information.
- Over half of the area is in FEMA Flood Zone or Floodway. Areas along the creeks are subject to temporary flooding during heavy rain events, but do not appear to be a threat to any structures.
Square footage and age of home figures come from county Appraisal District information; buyer is encouraged to confirm square footage for themselves.
- 3 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, 3-car garage, 5328 sf, brick veneer on slab
- Double, stained wood front doors.
- Brick-floor entry foyer is central connection to bedrooms, bonus room, den and kitchen.
- 640 sf sunken den has wool carpets; giant woodburning fireplace with gas starter, custom woodwork mantle and dark slate hearth; recessed lighting; tall cathedral ceiling with dark-stained exposed beams; whitewashed Pine walls; full wall of glass with large paneled sliding glass doors giving access onto large back patios; wet bar.
- Kitchen is designed for large-scale cooking and entertaining: electric 6-burner glass-top stove (one burner does not work) and grill tray in large cooking island with ceramic tile top and center-room overhead wood vent; two Thermador convection ovens (12-14 years old); large side-by-side Sub-Zero wood-paneled refrigerator/freezer; high-quality wood cabinetry with fold-out and pull-out shelves, corner swivel cabinets; double stainless steel sink with prep sink; dishwasher; disposal; ceramic tile floor.
- Informal dining area has brick floor, wire-front wood upper cabinets, large windows.
- Formaldining area; crystal chandelier (per owner); butler pantry with cabinet, silverware drawers, built-in countertop warming stove; wide glass views of back yard.
- Master bedroom has custom wool carpet; whitewashed Pine walls; double French entry door to back patios; large crank-out glass windows; custom drapes; panel to control most interior and exterior lighting; intercom speaker; security system control panel.
- 475 sq ft master bath area houses separate sinks and counters; ceramic tub; tile walk-in shower; terrazzo flooring and countertops; some carpeting; huge walk-in closets with louvered doors and auto-lighting. [One closet was previously a sauna room; could likely be converted back, but would require some parts].
- Second and third bedrooms have full baths with terrazzo flooring and countertops; wool carpet; custom drapes; large closets, great views of the property.
- Spacious bonus room is 20 ft x 44 ft (880 sq ft): whitewashed Pine walls; huge brick wood-burning fireplace with gas available; built-in bookcases and cabinets; tall cathedral ceiling with dark-stained wood beams; lots of glass walls and sliding paneled glass doors to give open views of the landscaping and property and easy access onto the outdoor patios.
- Utility room has lots of cabinets, vinyl tile floor, room for extra appliances.
- ½ bath near kitchen, utility and dining areas.
- Electric central cooling, natural gas central heating, gas water heaters—3 AC units (5-ton, 4-ton, 3-ton) and 2 water heaters.
- Full-house intercom system to the interior rooms and exterior areas.
- LOTS of in-house storage: built-in cabinets everywhere; two cedar closets in hallway; floored attic space with heavy-duty shelving and hanging rods, accessible by wide pull-down stairs.
- Tall ceilings throughout; recessed lighting; full-house alarm system with two carry-remote buttons for enhanced personal security; everything is top quality.
- Porte cochere (22 ft w x 25 ft d) provides protected cover to enter or exit a vehicle and enter the house through the kitchen/dining door.
- 3-car rear-entry garage (30 ft w x 28 ft d open vehicle space) has finished walls, recessed lighting; enclosed on three sides.
- 7 ft x15 ft and 7 ft x 10 ft storage rooms connected to garage, plus a 7 ft x 10 ft cedar-lined storage room.
- TV antenna on tall mast; exterior security lighting; architectural shingle roof (new in 2016); custom copper gutters with mesh leaf guards, water directed into underground piping.
- Several connected concrete patio areas around the house, allows for small-group or large-group outdoor entertaining; accessible from multiple house doors.
House Reserved Items: clothes washer & dryer; freezers in garage
- Pipe-and-cable fencing on most perimeter. Lots of good cross-fencing interior.
- Three-rail white board fence along Gay Avenue (formerly Old Hwy 80), east and west of entry lane; also along west side of entry lane/driveway.
- City fire hydrants located along all public road frontage; also a hydrant located at the driveway within 225 ft of the house.
- Outdoor grill picnic area: 40 ft x 60 ft concrete patio, large grill/smoker, tables, electricity, water.
- Three-rail wooden fence at back yard. Large Crepe Myrtles, Pine, Pecan and Oaks.
- Grape arbor; berry trellises; vegetable garden plot; rose beds.
- Shallow water well supplies water to some of the west and south areas near the house and barns. Main water supply is City water.
- Livestock loafing sheds in pastures.
- Two greenhouses with gas heaters and vent fans: (1) 15ft x 40ft, aluminum frame, glass panels shade cloth; (2) 24ft x 48ft arch pipe frame, plastic sheeting, shade cloth.
- Chain-link dog kennel: 10ft x 20ft, concrete floor, polymer roof.
- Brick-column entry to lane/driveway to the house. 575 feet long, 16 feet wide concrete driveway; circle drive and concrete extra guest parking lot at the house.
- 12 feet wide concrete driveway to the barns.
- House and large yard are lavishly landscaped and maintained: St. Augustine lawn; landscape lighting; auto-sprinkler system; brick and rock retaining/landscape walls and beds. Mix of large, mature shade and ornamental trees and shrubs (e.g. Japanese maples, topiary, camellias, azaleas, ferns, crape myrtle, many others)
- House is aesthetically placed on high-bank of Glade Creek for great natural views.
- Several livestock loafing sheds on the acreage.
- There is a metal-frame structure (no roof or siding), approximately 50ft x 60ft near the north line; could be re-enclosed as a barn.
- 124’x142’ (17,000+ sf) metal barn/stables.
- 17 stalls size 10ft x 11ft; 3 sides are cinderblock walls, sliding wooden doors, auto-water, dirt floor.
- Horse wash rack, water heater, tack room, office, break room, ½ bath.
- Three 12 ft wide, very tall overhead doors.
- 10,000 sq. ft. arena is dirt-floor; pipe-and-cable fence; spectator bleachers.
Shop and Stable Barn:
- Prefinished sides and roof, mostly concrete floor (except for horse stalls).
- 26’x30’ section is 3 horse stalls and tack room.
- 30’x60’ section is shop/storage; multiple sliding doors, electricity.
- Outdoor pipe-and-cable paddocks and pens; electric horse walker.
Property Reserved Items:
Metal firewood grates in fireplaces; outdoor farm/ranch equipment
Items Included with the Asking Price of the Property: none known
Per Upshur County Appraisal District website, the real estate taxes as of 2020 were approximately $14,606 based on ag exemption. Changing the use of the land could change the tax rate on the affected portion of the property. Taxing entities are: Upshur County, City of Gladewater, Gladewater ISD, Kilgore Junior College.
Utilities and Services:
While we do our best to provide accurate information about availability of services, sometimes things change. By providing the helpful information below, we make no representation as to the accuracy of the information. We strongly suggest that you verify the services you require are in fact available to the property you are considering. The following service providers may be contacted about the availability, actions, cost and/or other requirements of connecting to utilities:
Water: City of Gladewater 903-845-2474. House and most improvements are currently connected to City water. There is also a shallow water well on the property that supplies water for irrigation to some pasture and lawn areas.
Electric: SWEPCO 888-216-3523
Sewer: City of Gladewater 903-845-2474
Gas: Centerpoint 800-259-5544
Telephone landline: Frontier 800-921-8101
TV: Frontier, satellite, antenna
Internet: Frontier, satellite, mobile phone hotspot
Waste Disposal: City of Gladewater 903-845-2474
Post Office: Gladewater
Fire Dept: City of Gladewater
Law Enforcement: City of Gladewater
Approximately 2464 feet on Gay Avenue and 2165 feet on East Lake Drive.
No oil or gas minerals to be conveyed. Owner will convey his surface minerals.
From intersection of US80 and US271 in Gladewater, go West on US80 for 0.8 mile (12 blocks); go Right (north) on E. Lake Dr. for 0.3 mile (5 blocks) to Gay Ave.; make choice to turn Left (west) to follow property frontage on your right to the entry driveway to the house area, OR stay straight on E. Lake Dr to frontage on both sides of the road. Signs are posted; see sketch.
GPS Latitude and Longitude (can copy and paste into Google maps)
NoticeThe broker has assembled this information from materials furnished by the owner and from other sources considered reliable. Any sketches and maps have been prepared for viewing convenience only. Distances and characteristics are approximate and may not have been verified. Additionally, the sketch or map may not show all of the characteristics that affect the property, such as easements, fence lines, roads, etc. Interested parties are advised to investigate to their satisfaction whether the property is suitable for their intended use. We cannot be responsible for errors, omissions, prior sale, withdrawal or change in price.